Have you ever just wanted to run away?

It's different as an adult, isn't it?  As far as that child's childish shouting "I'm going to run away!  You'll be sorry!"  If that didn't work, I would throw in something like "I'll get hit by a truck and you'll never see me again!" That was a kid angry over a parent's discipline or dreaming of adventure and freedom from grownups.  It's a burst of temper or excitement.... and it fades when the emotion fades.

As an adult, I get it when I feel besieged on all sides.  It's a desire to escape, even for a while, from life because it's out of control and I can't be the one to get it back in hand.  It's being tired from handling those things for a long time.

I joke with John sometimes, "Let's just be gypsies. You, me, and the dogs going where we want."

You don't have to tell me: "No matter where you go, there you are."  I know that. 

But for awhile, I'd like to run away and have adventures before I come back.

Comments

  1. Think that is where I'm at right now...but I have no idea where I would run too...guess I'd best stay here for now and dream of where I would go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts