Happy I Love You Day!

I haven't thought of this in years, but it came back to me last Saturday out of nowhere.

As a kid, I saw a tv show - I don't remember what it was -- and they had "I Love You Day".  I really liked it and started having them for my mom.  It was any day you wanted and as many as you wanted.  I'd see something I thought she'd like -- a pretty flower, a little item, whatever caught my eye -- and I'd bring it to her exclaiming "Happy I Love You Day!"  She'd do the same for me, and it went on that way for years.

Somewhere, I forgot about it although I'd still give her little items that would make her smile.  And John and I do this too.  A DVD, a book, whatever catches our eye -- we'll bring it home saying, "Got you a present!" Just Because....

I wish I had remembered "I Love You Day", had said it to my mom in our last times together. Smiley from millan.net Even though we still basically did the same thing, it was so sweet and would give us such smiles.

Comments

Popular Posts