Three weeks until Thanksgiving!

Can you believe it? I can't.

I love Thanksgiving:  I love making a fire in the fire place, then sitting down to watch the Macy's parade, flipping over to check out the Philly parade too.  I used to call my mom and we would talk about the floats over the phone as we watched on our TVs.  I love stuffing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie.  I love the feeling of it, talking my friends and family and just being happy they're in my life.

I always end the day by watching "Miracle on 34th Street" which takes us from Thanksgiving to Christmas.

We've already decided we're going to spend Thanksgiving at home just the two of us with the dogs curling up around us.  It will be cozy and peaceful.

I started thinking about what I can be thankful for.  It's been a rough year as you all know.  A lot of bad things have happened, so it's good for me to think of what's good.
  • We got Rico.  Sweet, funny, loving, little macho man Rico.
  • I'll be thankful for when I'm finished writing the stupid cover letters I have to get done today. (I hate writing this stuff.)
  • Thanks to my friends like John, Cathy, and Liz who are helping me with the job search, and all the people who are giving me a reference.
  • Thanks to my brother-in-law Martin who is helping me to get rid of this everlasting eczema.
  • I still have Casey and Elphie cuddled next to me.
  • John just sent me a text saying "I love you" because he knows how I struggle with cover letters.
  • Thanks for my sisters Terry and Gerry who offered ways for me to interview out of state.
  • Thanks to Denise and Pam and all the wonderful inhabitants on the Oasis Animal Sanctuary farm for the mornings of peace and fun after some bad nights.  
  • I did have a mom who did things like watch the Macy's parade with me, over the phone and in person.  Miss you, Mom.
  • And I have this Saturday night to celebrate my aunt's achievements as her peers give her a dinner of honor.
And more.

Did I mention I'll be glad when this round of cover letters will be done?

To kick off the Thanksgiving fun, here's a classic Bloom County Thanksgiving strip.  It's always been one of my favorites.

Comments

Popular Posts