A true sequel to Aliens?

I love that movie; someone pointed it out to me as a great study in women's aggression and volatility compared to men's.

By the way, I fell in love with Michael Biehn here; of course, I had a start from Terminator but Biehn's Hicks really got to me. I would follow Michael Biehn off a cliff like a lemming.

If you've seen Aliens 3, you know they kill off Hicks and Newt (plus Bishop) immediately and then killed off Ripley, I refused to see it. I have seen 4 to see how Ripley was back. I hear it's better than 3, but I agree it's not equal to 2.

Then word spread everywhere that fans and her own wishes led Sigourney Weaver and a director to say they wanted to make a fifth movie, one that somehow circumvented 3 and 4 to give a true sequel to Aliens. Including Hicks and Newt alive with the girl now being around 27.

I would be all over that! I don't know how you do it, but do it!! Word is Weaver wants this to be Ripley's ending -- hopefully NOT killing her off IMO -- and rumor has it that Newt would take over the franchise for her second mother.

Concept art is on the web with Ripley and Hicks first, then a grown Newt:


Biehn says he thinks the grown Newt looks like Jennifer Lawrence; I think she looks like a take off of Weaver herself. Don't get me wrong; I love Lawrence and would be thrilled if she came into the franchise.

The problem is Weaver is tied up with the Avatar movies, so people think the new Aliens won't get made. Biehn disagrees and the film does have James Cameron's praise and backing. That helps.

My fingers are crossed!

Comments

Popular Posts