When will this New Year get Happy?

Because I keep seeing too many tragedies.  A couple of my friends are battling cancer; one will not survive.  Friday, someone else lost their brother when he had a car accident.  Today, a friend of mine at my previous job got kicked out the way I did: no good reason like suffering from the economy.  Just thrown out because "your position is being eliminated".  Meanwhile, mine was given to a buddy of the president and now they hired someone to do my job.  So it wasn't eliminated: it was Old Boys Club living up to its fine reputation.

In January, the majority of people I know suffered heartbreak in at least one way.  And all the cliches about "You got to let it go" and "It could be worse" and "It's time to get over it" only brings a fresh wave of bad news

If you know me or read my blog for awhile, you know I stopped celebrating Happy New Year in 2008 when my mother went to a big celebration, telling everyone with a big smile on what a great year it would be!  She would turn 80, she had a new great-grandchild on the way, she had a wonderful trip planned, and so much more.  She saw none of it.

But even I wish the cliche would come true and the Happy will now start.  We really need it.

Comments

Popular Posts