Back to the blog!

I'm going to bring this blog back. Enough of using Facebook and other places for purposes they're not meant to be.

I'm starting with perhaps something boring to anyone but me. I started a new diet. It had what I was looking for: strict so I eat right, accountability with weigh ins, and results. I was disappointed the first week because I thought I had been good for nothing. I stood on that scale and braced myself to see 1 pound gone or nothing at all.

But I lost 10.6 pounds! I must have looked like the stereotype of stunned because I couldn't believe my eyes. When the woman confirmed it, I leapt off the scale and hugged her! She asked me what was the last digit and I stood back on the scale hoping it wouldn't change. It didn't!

It's given the willpower to go on!

I need to do this. I can't even look at myself in the mirror because it made me cry. Now I just need to stick with it. I know these remaining weeks will not be that much. They told me to expect 3 - 7 pounds a week which is still good, right?

John has told me how proud he is for me even doing this at all and my sister Gerry, who had been on this last year, has been so supportive.

Fingers crossed!

Popular Posts