Sad



Something happened and I need to talk about it.
I have this geese family where I work. They even come up to the windows the other day.  They’ve been living by this other pond so they hadn’t been here to my windows until this week.

Last night, on my way home, this guy in a pickup truck deliberately ran over the dad. I think it was the dad, based on his position as they walked.

Deliberately ran him  down.  The little family was almost across, it would have just been seconds, that’s all.

And the dad didn’t die right away. He kept struggling to get up, but kept failing. He called to his family and his mate kept being torn about going to him. When he was nearly gone, and cars were moving, she finally left and moved the babies back out of the way. She kept calling to him.

A few of us moved our cars in so no one else could run the remaining family down.  Then I pulled my car over to get to him, but someone else did too and picked him up. He died in her arms.

I keep seeing him struggling and calling to them. The terror in the mom. The babies all upset and confused.

I keep thinking that I should have cut into the other lane to get past the cars in front of me, and gone after the guy. I don’t know what I could have done, but something.

Popular Posts