I am in the Epcot 5k. This one is an actual timed event; I have to complete each third within 15 minutes. If I had that dragon chasing me like they show on the site, you bet I'd make it! Besides, I can't let someone who is pushing a baby stroller beat me!
So I will cross that finish line!
(Man, that German judge is tough...)
I have gone back to training, riding my bike and walking, increasing my strength and time.; I also want to lose weight so I'm in better health and shape.
Here's where I need your help. Each Team AllEars member promises to raise $500 for the Breast Cancer Foundation. The Avon Breast Cancer Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity (Tax ID #13-612-8447), so all donations are tax deductible.
Your support will be donating directly to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, via Deb Will’s account. (president & founder of AllEars.net and a breast cancer survivor) ALL money does go to the charity. Anything that we spend as the Team comes from our own pockets (such as event registration, Team clothing, and travel expenses). Last year, the team raised $50,000 and was publicly thanked by the president of the Foundation!
There are two main ways donations can be made: online via credit card or by check.
Online: You can find these same instructions with pictures here: http://www.allears.net/pluto/HowToMakeOnlineDonations.pdf
This is the preferred method for donations – simplest – easiest – immediate!
- Go to http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/DebWills2012
- Scroll down and click on DONATE NOW!
- New Page opens that starts with Select a Gift Level and Payment Option – fill in.
- PERSONALIZE YOUR GIFT SECTION: How would you like your name to appear (This will appear on the Public Fundraising Honor Roll Scroll – Leave blank for anonymous) Kurtz Family – Team AllEars BradG OR Mary Minor
- Personal Note: Be sure to include my name (Team AllEars' Erin Blackwell) here! This lets them know to add this donation amount to my goal. This Personal note is NOT public and is only seen by Deb Wills. Click NEXT (bottom left)
- Payment Information - Enter your credit card information. Then Click NEXT
- Transaction Summary: Review all the information to make sure it is correct. Double check you have added Team AllEars and my name in the Personalize Your Gift section.
- Click Process.
- Next Page is your donation “receipt”. Please print out this page. You will also receive an email confirmation of your donation. Please forward this email to me for my records or just let me know.
I know donating money is tough. So I thank you if you do make a donation and understand if you can't.