Second day at Disneyland!

Yesterday was just as magical... I might even figure out my way around here someday :)

It didn't start so magical: I forgot my pen for Oscar to sign my vintage Carnation Cafe menu after getting to the restaurant and had to run all the way back to the hotel. Then run back to Disneyland! It was worth it! Oscar is charming, soft spoken, amazed at people wanting to meet him, and full of wonderful stories!

I saw Tiki Birds twice, once by myself and the other with Terry; it's back to the original show and I loved hearing those songs. Especially my favorite with the tiki gods drumming followed by the storm.

I also did Jungle Cruise which they've updated here! Took me by surprise! I did a webcam, like I did twice on Main Street (once from the omnibus) but my friend Carol J says the videos freeze up. Is that happening to everyone?

I then met my sister Terry and gave her the "Have a great vacation" gifts of a Roo plush and pin. We headed into the park with Terry seeing Walt's park bench for herself, then doing Mr. Lincoln! The show that led to Hall of Presidents and created the concept of attractions having "Soft Openings". We did some shopping, Terry getting us hats, and then we did the Adventureland things I had seen, so Terry could, followed by Indiana Jones. I enjoyed that. It's "Dinosaur" with the Indy story, and like Dinosaur, I don't hold on and just let the seat belt do its job. Much more fun for the ride!

We then had to hurry to Storyteller's Cafe for dinner which was delicious! I had the Four Cheese Ravioli that came in this light garlic broth that was wonderful. We explored Grand Californian, got Terry's Pal Mickey a new clip in World of Disney, and then back to Disneyland! The streets were crowded for fireworks and Fantasyland closed, so we headed for New Orleans square. I had switched Walt watches and was startled to see midnight; I realized I hadn't set this one to PST, but it made me realize Terry had been awake since 4am for her flight. Still, she said she was fine so we did Pirates. That made her tiredness hit her, so we grabbed Mouseears ice cream and jumped on the train. Perfect timing! Fireworks went on over our heads and I got peaks of Toontown!! Oh I can't wait to get there!

So earlier night and this morning I have an All Ears event: breakfast at the Disneyland hotel! Then...

LUNCH AT CLUB 33!!!

So a great day in store! I better get ready!

Comments

Popular Posts